GSHHG path

Added by Jim 26 days ago

Hi all,

An issue found with a slightly non-standard compile/install of 5.4.2 Linux. I'm installing into /usr/local, want the GMT data-dir to be /usr/local/share/gmt, and manuals in /usr/local/share/man, so I have cmake/ConfigUser.cmake

set (GMT_DATADIR "share/gmt")
set (GMT_DOCDIR "share/doc/gmt")
set (GMT_MANDIR "share/man")

I'm on Debian, so it's easier to install the GHSSG coastlines via apt (and they are of a recent enough version). The location in found during cmake

*  Found GSHHG database       : /usr/share/gmt-gshhg (2.3.4)

but post-install, the coastlines are not found. Running strace on a pscoast call I find
$ strace -f rspec -c -fd ./spec/pscoast_spec.rb:14 |& grep binned_GSHHS_l.nc
[pid 24854] access("/binned_GSHHS_l.nc", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid 24854] access("binned_GSHHS_l.nc", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid 24854] access("/home/jjg/.gmt/binned_GSHHS_l.nc", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid 24854] access("/home/jjg/.gmt/coast/binned_GSHHS_l.nc", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid 24854] access("/usr/local/share/gmt/coast/binned_GSHHS_l.nc", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

so it seems that the path found in configuration is not searched.

Making a symlink from /usr/local/share/gmt/coast/ to /usr/share/gmt-gshhg fixes the issue, so not a biggie, but I thought it worth reporting.

Cheers

Jim

Replies (2)

RE: GSHHG path - Added by Remko 25 days ago

Hi Jim,

I stumbled upon this recently myself. This is due to a bug in the code that did not properly write the GSHHG location into the library.
This was fixed with r18694 in the GMT 6.0 trunk and r18695 in the GMT 5.4 branch.
It should just be fixed in the next release.

RE: GSHHG path - Added by Jim 25 days ago

Great – thanks Remko!

(1-2/2)