Links to documentation for previous versions

Added by Jason 11 months ago

I've tried and failed to find links to the online documentation for previous versions, though they seem to be accessible by direct URL (e.g. http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/doc/5.3.3/index.html). As much as I would like to keep up to date with all the great new improvements, features, and bug fixes in new versions, I am unable to keep up with the latest and greatest. Is it possible to add a link to "Previous Releases" (another page with links to documentation for previous official releases) on the wiki/Documentation page? If this already exists, where is it?
Thank you,
Jason

Replies (2)

RE: Links to documentation for previous versions - Added by Joaquim 11 months ago

We used to have it but it was too confusing in the page. Older versions were distributed with the documentation as well so users can use it and not depend on the latest docs. And, docs are not that different and when there are difference the the on-line help serves to resolve apparent inconsistencies.

RE: Links to documentation for previous versions - Added by Jason 11 months ago

Fair enough. I thought I remembered seeing something like this before, which is probably why I tried so hard to find it again.
Thank you.

(1-2/2)