.grd files

Added by Rafaella about 1 year ago

Hello guys, in GMT_Docs says that Earth topographic/bathymetric relief files called earth_relief_res.grd can be obtained from worst resolution 60m to the best resolution 15s. If I want a better resolution than the earth_relief_15s.grd offers me, what can I do? Is there any other file that can run through gmt? I need better resolution cause I am working on a very small area.

Replies (7)

RE: .grd files - Added by Paul about 1 year ago

With GMT 6 you can access @earth_relief_01s which is a virtual grid of the SRTM 1 arc sec tiles. Over land and < 60 degrees latitude of course.

RE: .grd files - Added by Rafaella about 1 year ago

Thank you for the response! I can’t find gmt 6 though. Do you have the link where I can download it?

You will need to build from source via subversion (it is the trunk, i.e., the developmental version not yet released) - see "Building GMT" on the wiki.

Do you know if i can find the file earth_relief_0.1s?

No, but you can access @earth_relief_01s in gmt commands, e.g., use grdimage directly or use grdcut go get some particular region. GMT will stitch the tiles together and provide you with the result. Tiles are cached in your ~/.gmt/cache directory so there is only a download once. Need GMT built with GDAL which must be built with openjpeg support. This is on by default in Linux but for my macports I needed to install a gdal variant + openjpeg.

You know how to Convert GeoTIFF to netCDF??

RE: .grd files - Added by Joaquim about 1 year ago

If the GeoTIFF is a float grid you can use gmtconvert

(1-7/7)