Strange boxes when using pscoupe with OS X

Added by Jesse 7 months ago

Hi,

When viewing files generated with pscoupe in OS X (whether the file was created in OS X or not), I see strange square boxes above each focal mechanism. It seems as though these boxes are in the place where the text string would be placed (in this case I want no text string). I do not have the same problem when opening these files from Windows or CentOS. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thank you for any advice you can provide. I've attached the postscript file as an example.

-Jesse

Replies (2)

RE: Strange boxes when using pscoupe with OS X - Added by Paul 7 months ago

Hi Jesse, I see in the PostScript code that it is trying to place text but the text is just a newline character; this might show up as a odd glyph depending on fonts etc. Could you share a few lines of your input file to pscoupe? Ideally the original. IS it a file created under Windows so it has Windows CF/LF endings? It is possible pscoupe lacks protection against odd line endings. I will look but it will help if you show me the input file.

RE: Strange boxes when using pscoupe with OS X - Added by Jesse 7 months ago

Hi,

I have a text file with more columns than necessary for pscoupe, so I use an awk command to print the necessary columns.

awk '{print $12,$11,$13,$22,$23,$24,$9,0,0}' $focal_file | gmt pscoupe $region $projection $xymisc >> $grd_map

I have also attached a few lines of the input file that I use.

I also performed a test, which was to run psconvert, and when doing so, I no longer see the boxes in question on the output pdf file.

My script was written in gedit in CentOS and the focal mechanism file was produced in CentOS as well.

-Jesse

focs_meta copy.txt Magnifier (598 Bytes)

(1-2/2)