gmtwhich - Find full path to specified files
Note: No space is allowed between the option flag and the associated arguments.
gmtwhich reports the full paths to the files given on the command line. We look for the file in (1) the current directory, (2) in $GMT_USERDIR (if defined), (3) in $GMT_DATADIR (if defined). If found we print the full path name to the file, just the directory (see -D), or a confirmation (see -C). The $GMT_USERDIR and $GMT_DATADIR environment variables can be colon-separated list of directories, and we search recursively down any directory that ends with / (i.e., /export/data is a single directory whereas /export/data/ will be searched recursively.)
- One or more file names of any data type (grids, tables, etc.).
- Only consider files that the user has permission to read [Default consider all files found].
- Instead of reporting the paths, print the confirmation Y if the file is found and N if it is not.
- Instead of reporting the paths, print the directories that contains the files.
- -V[level] (more ...)
- Select verbosity level [c].
- -^ or just -
- Print a short message about the syntax of the command, then exits (NOTE: on Windows just use -).
- -+ or just +
- Print an extensive usage (help) message, including the explanation of any module-specific option (but not the GMT common options), then exits.
- -? or no arguments
- Print a complete usage (help) message, including the explanation of all options, then exits.