Bounding box polygon with gmtinfo
grdinfo -Ib <grid>
is a great way of making a grid(s) bounding box polygon. Would the exact same thing be possible to implement in gmtinfo?
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Paul
- Target version set to Candidate for next minor release
Yes, maybe later this week.
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
I've tested it with r18505, and the southern boundary line seems to be a bit off? Included an example in mercator and stereographic projection.
Sorry this took so long to respond to. You should use -Ap when plotting this box, otherwise it will draw great circle lines as you indicated.
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Believe this is working as intended. Updated the documentation to point out the need for -Ap when plotting this polygon with psxy. Closing the issue.
Did not specify -Ap as you pointed out.
Also available in: Atom