GMT requests xmax>xmin and ymax>ymin in option -Rxmin/xmax/ymin/ymax
|Status:||In Progress||Start date:||2012-05-11|
ymax==ymin should be allowed in option
-Rxmin/xmax/ymin/ymax as in
grd2xyz grid.nc -R0/0/-1/1 grd2xyz grid.nc -R-1/1/0/0
#1 Updated by Paul over 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
Yes, but it will require some changes. E.g., for grid-registered grids, even -R0/0/0/0 should be allowed, but not for pixel-registration. So that is one distinction. The other is that for setting up map regions and projections, -R0/0/0/0 etc cannot be allowed. Right now the parse_R_option function checks that west is not ⇐ east etc. I think we need to
1. Relax that to check that west is not < east and south is not < north only, i..e, west east and/or south north should pass at that stage.
2. GMT_map_setup initializes projections and that is the place to impose the east > west and north > south condition for mapping
3. GMT_check_lattice is used to ensure -R -I is sane for grids and that is where we can impose the -R restriction for grids.
4. I think there are places in the code where east west and south north is used as a flag to indicate that no region was set and we should default to global -Rg or something. That has to change.
Other than that I think it will be smooth sailing.